Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo Win

At last: the finish line!

I'm not sure if I can really call this a "win" since there were definitely a few posts during the month that were totally copout posts. But I guess the fact that I squeezed out at least a sentence and clicked "Publish Post" every day before I went to bed is saying something.

Of course, there were times when I wanted to give up, and I'm not sure if I would ever dare try this again, but it is nice to be able to say I completed it once. At the very least I hope it's gotten me out of the rut of only posting a few times a year.

I was sad to lose my blogging buddy partway through the month, but I'm mostly just amazed she had the gusto to attempt it at all! K. has blown me away with how well she has been handling her first year at our school (especially in comparison to me, but also just on her own merits). I was already very nearly in pieces by October of my first year. In contrast, K. has been teaching dance to our drama kids, attending every home football game, fulfilling extra duties for our accreditation task group, and bonding fabulously with all of her students both inside and outside of class. This is not to say that it has been a walk in the park for her (first year NEVER is), but I know I'm not alone in being extremely impressed by everything she's done so far. She is truly an inspiration to me, and I am so thankful that God brought her to our school!

With that, I'm signing off for the month of November. December is going to be crazy, so there's little to no hope of keeping up the same posting frequency. I won't completely disappear from the blogosphere, though, I promise.

K., on the other hand, is soon to begin her annual posting series known as LaBloShoeMo (Lara's Blogging Shoe Month). Head on over there for your daily dose of delightful shoes!

1 comments:

Lara said...

i just read this because i am a slowpoke blog reader, but THANK YOU! i wouldn't be as well off as i am without your help. :)