Sunday, November 23, 2008

Acceleration

I'm starting to feel the big push towards the end of the semester as winter break approaches. Isn't it still November, you say? Yes, but what with only two school days this week and December beginning right after that, finals are closer than they appear. We basically have to finish teaching all the new material before winter break because after break will be their last regular test and then review for finals. Which means that all the review packets have to be prepared, copied, and passed out before they leave for break. And it doesn't help that I'll be losing an instructional day when the juniors go on their annual SF field trip.

I think I'm just alarmed by all the things I've been adding to my calendar for December, both school-related and non-school-related. There is something significant scheduled for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of both the first two weeks of December, in addition to various smaller things here and there. Yipes! Much of it is fun stuff, at least, so there is a lot to look forward to. :) (Sorry, K. - I decided to go with the colloquial phrasing there...)

0 comments: